Monday, August 23, 2010

leaves are turning golden.

My house smells like oranges and early summer mornings. It`s hard to concentrate on writing, because everytime I close my eyes, I see the ocean with small white waves dancing in it and the first sunshine of the day jumping across the blue waters, while a light breeze runs across my face and tangles in my hair. The last stars are slowly dissapearing in the rosy sky and my morning coffee tastes like Christmas.



By the way, today has been a very good day. It`s my grandfather`s 64th birthday today, so I baked an orange tart.

This is the tart before I cut it`s sides, so it`d look prettier. Oh, and there`s the baking sheet too there. This photo was taken after the tart was 5 minutes out of the baking oven and I had just put syrup-ed oranges on it. And right after I had almost spilled all the orange syrup on my clothes, cause the smell had finally reached my nose and my imagination had already started to form pretty images of carribean coast in 1920`s early morning. At least I managed to wake my common sense just in time, so all carribean images would be on the cake and not on my clothes.
And I met mi best friend Marta today. And we read "Cosmopolitan". And it was hilarious.
And yesterday (or today?) I watched "Green Mile". And I wanted to cry. And I wanted to kick Percy`s arse. And I wanted to watch Mr.Jingles perform. And I wanted to feel the scent of leaves and grass. And then I went to sleep and dreamt of the perfume of meadows on a hot summer night.

And I can`t get this song out of my head.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Happy birthday to your grandfather! That tart looks beyond amazing!

    I continue to enjoy your writing. You're so talented! I love how you can close your eyes and see the ocean!

    :)

    Best wishes as always,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! cute blog! thanks for commenting on mine! i hope you'll come back and follow!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your writing and that tart looks scrumdidliumptious!!


    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  4. well don't you have a lovely way with words. Your tart, well yum is all I have to say about that! Your blog is a wonderful medicine for transporting the mind to faraway places, lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A house smelling of baked oranges?! I can think of few things better :) Happy B-day to your grandpa!! I'm the newest follower at your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tart looks delicious and I really like the kind of flower the oranges have made in the middle :)

    You must get this a lot but you're a great writer. Excellent blog, please keep it up!


    http://sasharebecca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. Florence + The Machine = Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That orange tart looks amazing !! I love your blog, thank you for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the orange tart looks yummy and love florence welch, cosmic love is such a good song!

    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woww I bet that smelt amazing!
    Ive never actually seen an orange tart - I would have thought the rind wouldnt be nice but I imagine really its all soft and sugary!
    Wish i could have a lil taste!
    love Florence +the machine - So good at Glasto!
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waouh!! your orange tart looks yummy!! thank you for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment! I hope you'll come back and follow ..I'm already a fan of yours!!! beautiful selection of pictures!

    ReplyDelete